Thursday, October 19, 2023

Toy Style Prussian Dragoons 1870

 Home cast 54mm conversions of a mounted British officer to Brandenburg Dragoons.  I usually like figures in action, but I like figure from this homecast mold because I can easily build a small unit in my workshop or a single mounted officer. This dragoon unit makes a good defensive place holder on my table. Heads are from London Bridge, Dragoon carbines are from an accessories mold and cut down. I made a mistake on the placement of the carbine which should be carried in front of the rider's leg in a holster in the saddle cloth. Oh Well. Saddle cloth and gear are Green Stuff and self hardening clay. There's a generous use of Modge Podge to smooth the sculpted details. Painting is Toy Style with my attempt to paint details freehand where none existed from the mold. 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment