Sunday, October 8, 2023

Pirates and Skeletons.

 An inexpensive bagged set of pirates fighting skeleton pirates found on Amazon. Four 50mm figures of five poses with some oversized accessories. 


    I tried converting some of the poses and painting them. I used a 1/32" hand drill, paperclip metal, and Zap-A-Gap to swop heads and weapons hands. Bases are craft store tongue depressors, glue and beach sand. The figures will stand up OK without the bases. I've seen other collectors stand up the figures on toy boats which is good for the grappling hook men and grenade throwers. Paints are craft store acrylics and colors can be almost anything as this is a fantasy set. 










                      The lady captive figure is from another set.




It's easy to give one figure a pirate flag with brass rod and printed flag. 
              The skull on the pole is from a figure I didn't use. 



                             Captive and treasure from other sets.
Pirate musketeer resembles "Mr. Gibbs" from Pirates of the Caribbean. 





Four lady pirates are included who are fun to paint in various races and color outfits. They were tall boots that I also painted as stocking and garters. 

Fun set. I bought two more for my cousin's cook grand kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment