Sunday, January 26, 2014

Imrie/Risley Union Infantry

These 54mm figures were packed away from several house moves ago. I painted them sometime in the 1980s (or was it the 90s) for a planned diorama. I recently added 1" dia fender washers to the bases for stability and blended the base terrain. You can see an officer figure from another maker intruding below and that it's tough to mix one company's dark blue with another. This figure must get another paint job to blend in. Imrie/Risey's figure kits are still available BUT at 17 USD per kit! When I was buying them in the 1970s, they were $ 3.98 (I think) and sold in many local locations that are now long gone.






















5 comments:

  1. They really are nice..the Variation among the poses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always had a great fondness for Imrie/Risley figures. Glad to see the company still operating and still in the family.

    Great job on these figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. I recently sold my collection of unpainted I/R minis. Their Sherlock Holmes and Christmas sets were my favorites. Great for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For weeks I was trying to remember I/R's name and finally came up with it. I have a few of their figures/kits and hope someday to finish them. First I have to find them. I forget what I paid but it seems like $12-13 for a mounted figure and half that for a foot soldier.

    ReplyDelete