Sunday, March 4, 2018

I painted those War of 1812 Militia











I filed down those strange looking canteens to make the two tin canteen styles.



The original casings may have been based on the canteens in this modern image from

Frontier Militiaman in the War of 1812: Southwestern Frontier (Warrior) 





Note the straps on the two canteen examples.







Since the figures have more "civilized" clothing and no fringed hunting shirts I went with 1812 era  canteens that I am familiar with.

Note also that several heads have the non fashionable mustaches from the era. They were too tiny for me to try to remove so I just painted over them.




Two of the heads included have African features. I painted them as a white militia unit. These heads could come in handy for a Battle of New Orleans unit of freemen.











4 comments:

  1. Very cool project. Great converting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I'm not familiar with this line. Are these 54mm?
    Best regards,
    Chris Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely brushwork..I particually like the balding guy aiming with the one eye closed

    ReplyDelete