Sunday, April 23, 2017

A trip to the Concord Museum

            My daughter is a sophomore at Salem State (Dean's List) . This week she announced that I had to take her to Concord, Mass for an extra credit field trip as she doesn't drive and she didn't know anyone in her literature class who would drive her. "Oh OK" . It turned out to be a pleasant trip and we were home by noon.
            One stop was the Concord Museum where I qualified for the senior ticket. Good local museum overall. I finally saw this diorama that I had only seen in photos. It's the British side of the Battle of Concord Bridge and I was told that it was done in the 1930s. Crude figures but a lively diorama,



I like this little detail of the Light Infantryman on tip-toes trying to see the action.






Later we went out to the real North Bridge.



Of course Rachel posed in the Redcoat at the visitor's center.



Anyway. I'm a good dad.







4 comments:

  1. Crude figs indeed but the dio is very good, the perspective and the way it blends into the backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...you are a good father to go on a field trip with your college aged daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, well done Dad. I wish we looked after our battlefields a bit better on this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem is not that I'm not a good dad when it comes to museums and battlefields--I live within an hour's drive of Gettysburg, Antietam, and Bull Run--it's that my 3 kids are mightily bored by such things. Argh!!!

    Chris Johnson

    ReplyDelete