Thursday, June 30, 2011

Seen at The Eisenhower Farm in Gettysburg

My wife was once a National Park Service seasonal park ranger and worked at the Eisenhower Farm in Gettysburg. Rangers at the Eisenhower Farm used to joke about about "interpreting" Mamie Eisenhower's knic knac cabinet. If you go to the Eisenhower Farm and I suggest you should, you'll see these breakfast cereal prize figures of President and Mrs. Eisenhower in ceremonial dress in the cabinet. The Hobby Bunker has reproductions of these figures along with the Lincolns and the Washingtons. The Bunker also has one other sad lonely presidential figure.








Loosely based on a story my wife told me about the Eisenhower/Nixon relationship.


2 comments:

  1. :-D I don´t get the joke but I like the set up anyway. These figs aren´t bad looking for cereal box giveaways.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, It's an "American thing."

    The joke is that President Eisenhower wasn't too fond of his vice president Richard M. Nixon.

    ReplyDelete