Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Casting an Army.

I pulled out my old "RAPCO", Rappaport and Company toy soldier molds and tried some casting. I haven't used these since the 1970s! I was surprised how quickly the little electric heater worked as I used to use an open flame torch! I still have pounds of Britainia metal and pewter. My first effort is a Union unit of 24 soldiers with two colorbearers, a bugler and an officer. The mold figures were based on the plastic Herald British made CW soldiers from the 50s and 60s. Some detail was lost making the figures fit in a two piece mold so the rifles are a bit distorted and the blanket rolls lop sided.

I need a new Printer or just better ink for these flags!

No comments:

Post a Comment