Saturday, December 24, 2016

ARMIES IN PLASTIC Mexicans?

Maybe....

 I used Khaki and White 1905 Japanese for regulars or Federales and Revolutionaries. White 1898 Cubans were used for Rebels and an assortment of 1900 US and Boers for Mexicans and volunteers.I also added a few Argentine made female Western figures as Soldaderas. Two British gun crews were converted to regulars with spare Japanese heads. You can leave the original pith helmets on as those were worn to. It's too bad that there are no  Mexicans in sombreros in the AIP line. The Spanish/Cuban troops are close to uniformed regulars on both sides as they bought surplus US uniforms. Most period photos show crossed ammunition bandoleers worn by Mexican troops. Only the AIP Boers have that feature. I threw in a few WW One British lancers but now I can't find info on the use of the lance by Mexican troops this late in time.



















 You folks be the judge.




17 comments:

  1. They all work really well, for figures in sombreros maybe you could use Steve Weston's Mexicans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possible. I have a good number of the peasants in white.

      Delete
  2. I like them..and I really like the females..not often that figs that are definately female and wearing female attire are shown in combat poses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they all work well together. At a glance it definitely says Mexican revolution to me. The odd Weston figure would add to the look. Great set up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set up. Definitely says Mexican revolution to me. The odd Weston figure in sombrero would be a good addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read somewhere that the lance was not used in this war (unlike earlier Mexican wars)
    You could replace lances with DSG sabres.

    I have used the Japanese for Mexicans too. There were two types of cap, one like the Japanese and one like British WW1 caps. I've used Boers and for some I have made the hats into sombreros. Some Japanese I have carved down gaiters to look like bare skin. The Brits in sun helmets are useable except for puttees. I added putty bandoleers to some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you James. I may convert some Colonial British cavalry to Mexicans

      Delete
  6. LOVE your Mexican range suggestions! But what's your source for those female gunslingers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuck, they are Argentine copies of Spanish Realsa figures done in 54mm. I got them on eBay a couple of years ago.

      Delete
  7. Awesome! I love the females. I have been looking for some like those for a long time. I am glad to know they really exist. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun stuff! We are just getting into these plastics here. Can you tell me from where you got the women? And how do you make your buildings?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The women are Argentine copies of REAMSA western figures. I saw some on ebay. The buildings are made from cut foam, patching putty and other bits and pieces,

      Delete